1.2K views

Herman Survivor Books have NO guarantee. Purchased at Walmart.

Ten days later toe separated from sole. Returned to Walmart, asked to exchange, told NO. Asked for refund, told NO. The Herman Survivor name was purchased by Walmart and is now manufactured in China (no surprise - it is after all Walmart).

So - boots lasted under two weeks and there are no longer any warrantee for boots. I was told it was because I had worn them. The boots look like new, the toe just pulled out of the sole. I was definitely ripped off.

What a shame. I've been buying these boots for years and until the last 3-4 years never had a problem.

Never again. Just don't buy from Walmart.

Product or Service Mentioned: Herman Survivors Boots.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

I have bought Herman survivor boots for years. Last 2 yrs every pair o have bought squeeks.

Tried all I can do but problom persists.

I wont buy another pair again. Done with these boots.

Mine lasted 6 weeks...

I bought a pair of Herman Survivor boots ( unfortunately at Wal-Mart) in American Canyon .ca as I was out of town for work they lasted one week before the side stichting came apart no refund no exchange BUY AMERICAN SEND WAL-MART TO CHINA I won't shop Wal-Mart for NOTHING EVER AGAIN ...MARK FROM TURLOCK CA

I just wanted to confirm that the shoes are junk before I throw them away. I wanted to post a picture but I don’t see how.

The front of the shoe peeled away from the Soul.

The front of the shoe peeled away from the soul. Just wanted to let other people know.

Been buying Herman survivors big timber ll for years. The past 3 pairs I've got at Walmart have a terrible squeaking noise from the heal when I walk.

Quite embarrassing. So I guess it's a different brand from now on.

My boots squeak never again will I buy Herman survivors from walmart

YES I HAD MY BOOTS LESS THAN TWO WEEKS WHEN I CONTINUE TO NOTICE THIS SQUEAKING NOISE AS I WALK IT DOESNT MATTER ON WHA T SURFACE THE SQUEAKING CONTINUES

Have to agree .. Walmart sells JUNK

It's cheaper for a reason, inferior quality merchandise , made by who knows in a third world country.

ZERO warranty ..

My Herman survivors .. literally peeled apart inside of days of purchase .. same deal tried to take them back but .. I wore them so no return.

Ray Charles could see the they were falling apart !

Still nothing doing from Walmart in Deptford NJ.

Ok they got my 80$ I have 1200 members in my union who already do not like Walmart and hears here's another NAIL in the coffin.. BUY AMERICAN PRODUCTS!! Keeps your country working and Assures you get QUALITY Not quantity built items. 1200 members plus extended families 80$ loss by me ..

wonder how much it's gonna cost Walmart. Ship your *** back to CHINA.

to Frank #1409298

Amen Frank, mine only lasted a day before the sole separated from the toe going back on both boots. Sometimes we pay for our education, but it's gonna cost them in the long run.